Handle with Care

Handle with Care - Josephine Myles 3 1/2 stars. This is my second read by Myles and as in [b:Junk|18068792|Junk|Josephine Myles|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1370982167s/18068792.jpg|25365060], I think she writes really well about characters with significant, unromantic, real-life issues, who find love. In this case, Ben is living with kidney failure while he waits for a transplant; he feels incredibly unattractive, and has no clue that the delivery truck driver he's crushing on could be into him. As they get to know each other, the real problems turn out not to be Ben's physical issues, but Ollie's experiences with a previous lover, who was also much older than him (he's 20, Ben is 33) and who took ruthless advantage of his innocence and submissive streak.Ollie is a really sweet character, very enthusiastic and accepting. I enjoyed the romance, though the sex scenes seemed a little odd to me; one scene in particular read like it was an m/f scene rewritten for two men. But my main problem with the story is I felt confused by where it was going in regards to Ollie. At times it seemed like maybe he had some kind of fetish which drew him to Ben, but then that was dropped. Twice, two different characters express suspicions of him, only to later act horrified that Ben could possibly think anything other than that Ollie is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The story overall felt incompletely polished, though it was never less than interesting. I'll definitely read Myles again.