Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Harlequin Desire Series #2248)

Wrong Man, Right Kiss - Red Garnier This is the second book I've tried by Garnier (coincidentally, the first was the story that proceeds this one) and though she can certainly write some good steam, I think this author is just not for me. Something about the style never clicked, and it kept me from ever buying into the plot.Molly, orphaned at age three, grew up with the Gage brothers. Her best, most loved friend has always been Julian, but when she gets a passionate kiss from -- apparently -- his older brother Garrett, she decides Garrett must be her soul mate. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to feel any differently towards her than usual, so she turns towards Julian for help in making Garrett jealous.This totally lost me. Flirting with one brother to make the other one jealous, I can see that. But actually moving in with the first brother? If you want to move out of the Little Sister Zone, pretending to move into the Sister-in-Law Zone seems incredibly risky, a point Molly never considers. The rest of the story didn't make much sense either. Molly and Julian finally get together, and that's pretty sweet. But then he flies off the handle over virtually nothing and almost destroys their relationship, just so there's some conflict at the end of the story.I didn't like Julian's attitude towards Molly -- thinking of her as a "little she-cat," wanting to "set her little head straight" and calling her endless nicknames like Moo and Mopey. (I suppose this could be endearing if you were enjoying their relationship.) And Molly -- a 23 year old virgin, natch -- is constantly slut shaming herself. "See what you've done to me, Garrett? Apparently I'm a nymphomaniac now." "And now he'll think I'm a whore." "She shot each of them a smile, smiling with her inflamed mouth that had just been kissed like a hussy's."Finally, we're told that Julian has been such a player because he's been forbidden to ever have Molly, the only woman he's ever wanted. But he's just spent the night with another woman -- of course a completely disposable one that he mocks -- as the book starts, at a time when he's been starting to think maybe they could have a relationship after all. That seemed icky. The overall feel of the book was very conventional and old-fashioned, in a way that didn't blend well with the more erotic sections. Perhaps I'd enjoy Garnier more writing erotica rather than category romance. (reviewed from e-arc provided by netGalley)