Hot for Him (Harlequin Blaze #326)

Hot for Him  (Harlequin Blaze, #326) - Sarah Mayberry The third in the series about three friends who work on a soap opera is another excellent mix of steam, humor, and emotion. Claudia simply loathes Leandro, the producer of a rival soap opera -- he's so obnoxiously tall and gorgeous, and it's simply embarrassing "having the hots for a man so beneath her contempt." Then a work situation throws them together and neither can resist the sparks that fly. As time goes on, Leandro becomes increasingly convinced that their "fling" is actually the start of the real relationship he wants, one that will lead to marriage and children. But Claudia is holding on to an ugly secret, one that has convinced her that having a family is not for her.From the beginning of this book, where we see that sex-positive Claudia hasn't been whitewashed at all from her previous appearances, I was continually surprised and delighted with where the plot went. Leandro is adorable, of course, and I liked that he appreciates Claudia's toughness, after thinking of her as tiny and fragile. Claudia comes off as a bit of a jerk at first, but becomes very sympathetic as we really get to know her and discover the hard decisions she's had to make. I was particularly happy with how the conflict is resolved.