The Real Rio D'Aquila

The Real Rio D'Aquila - Sandra Marton I thought this might be the book in which Marton's "cynical-detached-tycoon-falls-head-over-heels" formula finally wore thin, but once again she turned it around and made me her bitch. Well, not entirely. The first third of the book had too much bickering and stubborn feistiness from Isabella, and the last third was heavy on character reappearances, this being the final book in a long family series. Marton did get some fun out of that fact, as in this scene:"Startled, Rafe, Dante, Nick, Falco and Draco turned toward the man who appeared beside their booth. He was tall, same as them. Powerfully built, same as them. Dark-haired, same as them. He worse a custom-tailored suit, same as them.And in a heartbeat, they knew who he was."They only have one unmarried family member left, so it's pretty obvious who he would be. Let's not get too analytical about how Isbella's new love is so exactly like all her brothers and her brother-in-law; it's too squicky.I was thinking that the conflict of the story called for a Sarcastic Wonka gif, something like, "So it turns out your gorgeous, romantic lover was lying to you about his job and is really a mega-millionaire. Wow, it sucks to be you." But it actually plays out pretty plausibly, without getting very negative. After the bickering ends, the mood of the book is quite romantic and enjoyable.