The Paleo Diet: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Food You Were Designed to Eat - Loren Cordain As someone who's successfully kept over 100 pounds off for several years, I believe the best diet/eating plan is one you can maintain long term. This diet is ridiculously restrictive; I don't believe -- and googling recipes and meal plans supports this theory -- that most people claiming to follow it are actually doing so. The amount of money and work involved in following this diet to the letter would be very hard to sustain, even if the food tastes good enough to provide incentive, which I highly doubt.The diet outlined is also extremely self-contradictory; he will say "only these oils are allowed" in one paragraph and then discuss the health benefits of other oils in the next. And I was amused that he allows alcohol and diet drinks (found on every tree by our early ancestors, no doubt!) in "moderate amounts." Of course he does -- no diet book would ever succeed that didn't.