A Secret Rebellion (Presents Plus) (Harlequin Presents #1663) - Anne Mather Yet another book (see [b:Sinful Truths|1899701|Sinful Truths|Anne Mather|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1190040026s/1899701.jpg|1901360]) showing Mather's complete inability to write a story set outside the land of Oldskoolia, no matter how little sense the plot now makes. Beth hates men and wants a baby, so she goes to a reputable sperm bank deliberately seduces (you could say rapes) a stranger, carefully picking a guy who looks strong and healthy. Because it's so easy to spot whether someone has an STD.That was, sadly, perhaps the most reasonable part of the story. The rest was just a lukewarm mess of jumbled up subplots. The hero Alex has two young male relatives dating unapproved girls, which was really confusing. And why did 29 year old Beth look for a stud at a student party? And why wasn't Alex visiting, or even thinking about, his son? And how could he care so much about the whole Beth situation after his son had just died? Toss in drug addictions and evil grandfathers and several possible suicides and oh my head.The only good thing I can say about this story is that Alex does call Beth on her behavior, initially. But after that he seems to forget all about it and never even tries to find out what her motive was. All is forgiven and forgotten for twu wuv, I guess.